So easy to make and looks fantastic in margarita glasses lined with sugar and salt. This is yet another ice-cream recipe that does not require an ice-cream machine.
- 125ml lime juice
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons Tequila
- 3 x 15ml tablespoons Cointreau or Triple sec
- 150g icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 500ml double cream
1. Pour the lime juice, Tequila and Cointreau (or Triple sec) into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
2. Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
3.Spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight.
Note: This ice cream does not need to be softened before serving as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously.