About EurasianDoll

My photo
Darwin, Australia
Welcome to my Blog where good food, good wine and good company is a must! After all, you only live once so you should enjoy life to the fullest. For me, enjoying life is eating delicious food. Of course, there are other things that are just as important like having family, friends, good relationships, etc. But this is about FOOD! Nom Nom Nom. This does not mean it has to be the most expensive meal as sometimes even the most simplest meals can be the most delicious. And also, since I am allergic to shellfish, I would probably not be able to order the most expensive meal on the menu (which tends to be seafood). Does this limit me? Perhaps. It just gives me more room to enjoy all the other foods out there. Thank you for stopping by and leave a comment or any suggestions or requests as I would love to get to know my readers out there. “Cooking is like making love, you do it well, or you do not do it at all”

Sunday 8 May 2011

Pasta for the 1st Time


To make a basic pasta dough, there is a simple rule -
1 egg and 100 grams of flour (this is per person)


So easy peasey....
Then comes the hard part - making it into a dough and then feeding it through the pasta machine several times to get the correct consistency!

But once done, you can stand back and admire your home made pasta.... You know that you kneaded that dough and made that. Not just opened a ready made packet and boiled it.
The end result - so fresh and definitely more tasty as you know you made it. 


I made a simple sauce to go with the pasta - aglio, olio e peperoncino (with garlic and chilli)

Now just gotta be more creative and adventurous and start making different types of fillings. Once you have the basics mastered, you can make anything....








No comments:

Post a Comment